carbon is a form of pure carbon embodying the properties of ceramic material
and produced by the thermal decomposition of a three-dimensionally cross-linked
- High purity
- Stability in protective gas or vacuum to 3000° C and
in air to 500°C
- Corrosion resistance
- Impermeability to gas and liquids
- Exceptional hardness and strength
- High-quality surface with excellent polishing characteristics
- Good resistance to thermal shock
- Good electrical conductivity
- Inductive coupling in high-frequency fields
- Resistance to wetting by many salt-like metallic and
- Isotropy of physical and chemical properties
glassy carbon, because of its extraordinary properties, offers advantages
for a variety of applications in the chemical industry. Its high corrosion
resistance makes it particularly suitable for use in analytical work.
The product range includes crucibles, beakers, boats, dishes, etc., for
fuming-off, evaporation, melting and decomposition. Glassy carbon is also
employed in electrochemistry on account of its electrical conductivity
and high corrosion resistance.
SIGRADUR® in Metallurgy
vessels made from SIGRADUR® are employed for the melting
of high-purity and noble metals and special alloys.
SIGRADUR® for Other Uses
For additional details on product specifications, please visit
- Vessels for ultra-high purity materials technology, such
as semiconductor connections and crystal growing
- Crucibles for high-temperature differential thermal/thermal
- Specimen holders and cuvettes for atomic absorption and
atomic emission spectroscopy and multi-element analyses with plasma
- Protective tubes for thermo-elements and viewing tubes
- Shaping tools for the glass industry SIGRADUR®
is machined with diamond tools because of its extreme hardness. Shaped
components can be machined before carbonization, although further machining
may be necessary after carbonization if fine tolerances are required.
the manufacturer's web site: http://www.htw-germany.com.
For price information, please contact EMC Industries at email@example.com.